Dec 28, 2008

First of all....

While I'm on staff at a local church, I'm not a Pastor, a theologian or even a teacher. I'm just a christian on the same pilgrimage as others who love their Lord and want to please Him. That is not to say that learning from those that have these gifts is unimportant. Having a pastor and/or teacher that accurately handles the Word of God is essential to Christian growth. But having great teachers is not a substitute for digging into the Living Word of God for one's self.

I often enjoy taking my bible with me to lunch. Its a time when work and responsibility fade for a brief time, and I can, even in a crowed restaurant enjoy reading the scriptures.

One of those days recently, I prayed asking God to open the scriptures to me in a way that would go beyond my just gathering more knowledge. I wanted to know God Himself better through His word. I wanted to know the things that He cares about-- the things I should also care about. He began to do just that at that very hour.

What follows is simply a journal of things that I am learning day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I Love to Sing "Amazing Grace"

When I consider the crucial thing I did not want or care about seeing, that is, my sin, and the injustice of it before a holy God; and that...